Tehran Times - Iranian international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh has been named among worst Premier League signings.
'The Athletes Hub' have named their 12 worst signing in the Premier League this season and Jahanbakhsh is among the list.
He joined Brighton on a five-year contract for a club record fee in the summer.
Brighton did not disclose the fee but media reports put it at 17 million pounds ($22.4 million).
Jahanbakhsh has not found his place in the English Premier League club.
At the top of the list is Manchester United's Fred, who cost 52 million pounds last summer, while ex-England internationals Joe Hart (Burnley) and Jack Wilshere (West Ham) also feature.
Worst signings in the Premier League 2018/2019:
1. Fred (Manchester United, 52 million pounds)
2. Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa (Fulham, 22 million pounds)
3. Jack Wilshere (West Ham, free)
4. Maxine Le Marchand (Fulham, 30 million pounds with Jean-Michael Seri)
5. Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Brighton, 17 million pounds)
6. Joe Hart (Burnley, 3.5 million pounds)
7. Adama Diakhaby (Huddersfield, 9 million pounds)
8. Ben Gibson (Burnley, 16 million pounds)
9. Kepa Arrizabalaga (Chelsea, 71.6 million pounds)
10. Denis Suarez (Arsenal, loan from FC Barcelona)
11. Mohamed Elyounoussi (Southampton, 16 million pounds)
12. Yerry Mina (Everton, 27.5 million pounds)
Comments powered by CComment