Tehran Times - Carlos Queiroz will reportedly travel to Tehran on Wednesday to negotiate with Iranian football federation on his contract extension.
The Portuguese has yet to extend his stay as Iran coach and Mehdi Taj, president of the country’s football federation, said he will travel to Tehran on Wednesday to extend his contract.
A source close to Queiroz had already said that the former Real Madrid head coach is considering other options.
The 65-year-old was appointed in April 2011 and steered Team Melli to back-to-back qualifications for the World Cup for the first time in Iran’s history.
Their performance in Russia, where they defeated Morocco and drew with European champions Portugal only to miss narrowly out on a place in the second round, was the nation’s best in five appearances at the finals.
Taj had said Queiroz will remain in charge until the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019.
Comments powered by CComment